Warning: Unethical marketing ahead
- They introduced free flow drinks for $2
- They have introduced combo meals on all the outlets. Now the outlets are offering $2 discount the next time they buy a meal if they bought the drink.
Essentially the coke is free!
Now, this is what a layman notices…
Here's the marketing mind in it:
- Until this goes on, people will buy coke combo for getting the free $2 voucher next time
- This can go for more than a month's time
- After a month, the people who were buying coke are going to continue buying coke coz of the sugar and caffeine-induced addiction.
- Coke just made more than 500 lifetime customers!
Lesson! Don't think about instant profits. Think about lifetime customer value. They lost money in the front end. But they made a killing in the backend.
The only thing that makes this case unethical is because it is going to hurt their customer's health by a ton! Well played Coke!