Upgrade to iOS 6 before it’s out for the rest!
Upgrade to iOS 6! Although iOS 6 will not see an official absolution until September 19th, you can install the final adaptation appropriate now even if you’re not a developer acknowledgment to some bearding accessible postings of the software amend files. Here’s how.
Note: We adapted a scattering of iDevices application these files and encountered no issues, but because we’re clumsy to verify them all we don’t apperceive problems will not arise. This action formed for us if we activated with an iPad, and iPod touch, and an iPhone, but there’s consistently an adventitious you could run into an issue. Please be acquainted that there’s some accident complex afore you upgrade.
Backup your device first!
Before you do anything, back up your iDevice with iTunes. In the past, the aboriginal advancement action formed for some but not for everyone. The after-effects may be the aforementioned this time around, admitting we’ve upgraded to the final adaptation of iOS 6 after issue. Regardless of whether or not things plan out, you will charge to restore your accessory so back it up!
Download iOS 6 Golden Master
Thanks to an accessible announcement on RapidShare, you can download the Golden Master version (essentially identical to the final absolution advancing next week) of iOS 6 for your accessory after logging into the Apple Developer Center. Here are the download links. Choose the blazon of accessory you wish to update:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3rd Generation) with Wi-Fi
- iPad (3rd Generation) with Wi-Fi and Cellular (AT&T)
- iPad (3rd Generation) with Wi-Fi and Cellular (Verizon)
- iPad 2 with Wi-Fi Only
- iPad 2 with Wi-Fi (Rev. A)
- iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G (GSM)iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G (CDMA)
- iPod touch (4th Generation)
The iOS 6 amend may crave an after adaptation of iTunes then you accept installed. Amend your archetype afore affective on.
Install the Update
To install iOS 6 on your device, chase these instructions:
- Open up the disk image (.dmg) and download the Software Update file (.ipsw) for your device. Drag it to the desktop, or a binder of your choosing. (Windows users will charge an apparatus like IZArc to do this, and will need to access the .hfs inside the .dmg as well.)
- Open iTunes and plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, to your computer.
- If your accessory isn’t automatically detected in iTunes, select it and go to the “Summary” tab.
- Hold down the option key (OS X) or the shift (Windows) and bang the Restore button. Browse to the .ipsw book you downloaded, worst it, and delay for the amend to finish.
If necessary, restore your accessory from advancement and accompany with iTunes and then upgrade to iOS 6.
That’s it. If you chase those steps, you’ll be up and active iOS 6 in no time.